Sunday, October 22, 2006

Family Bowling in Canada

Imagine having a bowling alley filled with family from lane to lane - well that is what we did in Okotoks, Alberta (south of Calgary) last weekend. Dave & Cherie (Olson) Robinson, owners of the bowling alley (and relatives), are so nice to let us invade the lanes! Almost everyone in this picture is family - how many can you identify? The Berge siblings (the old folks) got together for a few days - first in Okotoks and then on to Banff. We missed Phil & Betty Jo, and, of course, really felt the absence of Alice. I only bowled one game because I just couldn't take the time away from visiting with my neices & nephews and their children! Notice the smaller bowling balls - this is Canadian bowling; smaller balls without the finger holes and only 5 pins instead of 10. It is really fun - I like it better then 10 pins though I am not good at either one!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

What a blessing to be with family. I think as I get older it becomes more and more important. It was so much fun to see all of you that Sunday at the church although with all the little munchkins we had with us, we didn't get too much of a chance to visit with you. Perhaps in Jan.

The Erickson Family said...

I miss the 5-pin bowling! Fun to see this photo!