Sunday, October 01, 2006

Apple Cider Day!


I love fall, don't you? We have had a pretty fall so far and our two apple trees (a macintosh and a golden delicious) have produced lots of apples. They are referred to as "Wally's apple trees" since Wally is known for his interest in fruit and berries. (If you go outdoors with Wally you will learn this as he has a way of always finding berries somewhere!) Well, we were fortunate to be able to borrow a wonderful apple cider press from a friend and we made many gallons of apple cider yesterday. It was really slick (and tasty)! Here is a picture of the apple juice running into the bucket. Come on over for a taste!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Cool! I love cider! I wish we could have been there to "help" you...But how much help can a Mommy with 3 kids provide?? Well, Timothy would have helped you! :)

Sara said...

That is awesome. Any chance some Cider will make it down to the Cities this weekend?

How about those Twins?

The Erickson Family said...

Yuhhhmmmm! A perfect fall treat! Wish I could be there for a cup of it and a good chat!