Last week via facebook an old friend sent me this photograph she had of my father and me from 1969. I was a member of the "Spring Court" at the college I attended my Senior year. I think there were about 6 or 8 girls on the court and I asked my father to be my escort. One of my close girlfriends, also on the court, did not like my decision to ask my father, she thought I should have asked one of the fellow Senior guys. Fine for her, she was engaged to her escort... as were ALL the other girls on the court, I do believe! I was determined to act in a way that made my day special and there was no one else that could have made it more special then to have my father escort me. Little did I know that he would not be alive to escort me down the wedding aisle a few years later; he died just 2 months prior to my wedding. So these pictures of the two of us, him in his white jacket and me in a white dress are more precious then I could have imagined. (I did have pictures from this time, just not this one. How fun to see it!)

No comments:
Post a Comment