30 Days ago my hubby and I began this food eating plan. I am not sure why we decided to do it as we are so fortunate that we feel well almost all the time, no "inflammation" or other "issues." None-the-less, we entered into the world of "whole eating" for 30 days, no wavering, no going "off" the plan. What could we eat? Lots of meat, seafood, eggs, nuts, vegetables and fruit. What could we not eat? No dairy. No bread or grains or gluten. No sugar or anything at all that had any amount, however small, of added sugar in the list of ingredients. No alcohol.
So, how did it go? It went very well, though it was not really easy. One has to be more intentional about each meal, more careful with what to buy and I learned to make my own mayonnaise, for instance. And the sad fact is that it cost more to eat whole foods then processed food. Strange, no processing should result in a less expensive product but then again there is the shelf-life to consider for the store, I suppose.
At any rate, I learned to eat three meals every day, no snacking. I did not feel hungry though I was desiring some things that were not allowed. But hey, it's only 30 days.
So, why? Well, the premise seems to be that after the 30 days of only whole foods, that as one re-introduces foods back into their diet, one can access how they feel about when, say for instance, dairy comes back into their eating; or breads, etc. This is not really an issue for us, but we did/do feel better, we both did loose some weight (though it is not considered a weight-loss diet plan.) I feel less bloated, happier with the way my clothes fit, and more in control of my eating. That is a good thing.
So, my quiet spouse surprised me yesterday when we hit the last day with beautiful roses as a way to celebrate completing the program! He does not do this often (ever?) so it was a lovely surprise!
Will I continue to eat like this? Yes, for the most part I will. I will introduce dairy again, I will hold off on breads for a while, as I wish to drop a few more pounds. However, I am looking forward to a big trip next month and I will happily eat all the wonderful foods that are offered!
Bring it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment