Thursday, February 25, 2016

It's good to have a hobby...

 For most that know me, they know my hobby/passion is genealogy. I could go on and on about various ancestors whom I never met except via their paper trail. My dear friends listen kindly. And my dear hubby agreed to a two day stop in Salt Lake City where the largest genealogy library is located. (No, to clarify, I am not a member of the Mormon church.) Here in this amazing facility are rows and rows of cabinets holding reels and reels of microfilm... Along with lots of books, computer terminals, etc.  I happily spent a day and a half doing research while hubby went skiing. A very good trade off for both of us! Did I have any break-throughs in research? Well, not too much, but one significant find was that the sister of my great-grandfather died as a child. I have wondered about her and now I know that she died of croup at the age of 6. Sometimes these finds gives one pause.




No comments: