Thursday, July 04, 2013

Door County Vacation

 It's been a long time since I last blogged.  Facebook seems more interactive and easier, but I still enjoy sharing over here on my blog.  So I thought I would share a few pictures of a sweet little vacation trip to Door County, Wisconsin; a place on our "bucket list" that others have visited and said how nice it was.  It is a penisula with Lake Michigan on both sides; very quaint and no large motel chains or big box stores in sight...  Just lovely little towns with picturesque waterfront scenes.

 There were lighthouses and state parks and hiking trails.
We spotted this deer while enjoying the outdoors...
 
 And abundant stands of beautiful blue "forget-me-nots"...
 
 We also found a little patch of trillums.  That was a big treat; we were not familiar with them before.

 We climbed the look-out tower...
 
And enjoyed the beautiful view!
 
The sunset that evening was lovely and we enjoyed these kayakers coming in at sunset.
 
 We took a ferry to Washington Island and visited the Stave church; a replica of an old Norwegian church.
 
The inside was magnificent.
 
 Everywhere you looked there was a peaceful scene.
 
And some cute shops too! 
 
We ate at the famous Al Johnson's swedish restaurant which is known for its grass roof and the goat who is often on it!
 
But our vacation meal was breakfast at the White Gull Inn in Fish Creek.  We had the popular french toast; it is a stuffed french toast... stuffed with cream cheese and cherries!  DELICIOUS!


In fact, it was SO good, I had to try my hand at making it myself! 
We enjoyed every bite!

1 comment:

Kelly-Belly said...

These are some great pictures. Glad to have you back! : )