With this technique, you add the second (or more) color(s) of icing right at the time you apply the "flood" stage icing .......
.
Pretty cool, huh?
For the cookie above, the red icing was at the more firm "piping" stage.
You can tell how it already sort of falls into the white icing, instead of sitting upon the white icing like the mitten cookie.
The results are quite fabulous! I think this is so sweet!
It's almost my new favorite cookie... until I did one more..
.
.
.
.
THIS is my new favorite cookie!
Can I eat it?
Can I give it away?
I don't think so....
.
The little teeny teeny red dots were made by simply dipping the end of a toothpick into a little bit of red icing and then gently touching the white icing, thus making those little red dots.
I think it is sooo Nordic looking!
.
So, there you have my cookie tutorials!
I hope you enjoyed them and now enjoy trying making some yourself.
Let me know about your cookies too!
.
(Oh, did I show you my homemade cookie house yet?..... I got the neatest thing for baking walls, a roof and a chimney... wait until you see how easy it is... )
It's almost my new favorite cookie... until I did one more..
.
.
.
.
Can I eat it?
Can I give it away?
I don't think so....
.
The little teeny teeny red dots were made by simply dipping the end of a toothpick into a little bit of red icing and then gently touching the white icing, thus making those little red dots.
I think it is sooo Nordic looking!
.
So, there you have my cookie tutorials!
I hope you enjoyed them and now enjoy trying making some yourself.
Let me know about your cookies too!
.
(Oh, did I show you my homemade cookie house yet?..... I got the neatest thing for baking walls, a roof and a chimney... wait until you see how easy it is... )
2 comments:
Love the sweater too! Good seeing you Saturday.
Came upon your blog off of Gretchen's a year or so ago. Our husbands are friends. Anyhoo....Really looking foward to trying this. Great tutorial!
Post a Comment