Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Berge Bed and BREAKFAST

I'm not that great at getting up early in the morning and making a big breakfast, but I sure do love breakfast, especially the kind at the motel where you help yourself to all those tasty choices.
So I decided that, with a little planning, we could have a fun "breakfast buffet" and people could help themselves (and serve their children) to whatever suits their fancy...
So we had:
Belgian waffles, of course, with the cool flip over waffle maker.
I love it.

Some "muffin tops" since I wanted to use my "muffin top" pan.
We had pumpkin, banana and blueberry muffin tops.
The blueberry muffin tops were the most popular.

Of course, these were a requirement...
We had a pan for Saturday and a pan for Sunday
... and a pan for Monday night too....

This may not look so fabulous, but it is. It is steel cut oatmeal cooked with figs, dried cranberries and some half and half and water. It is cooked on low in the crockpot overnight.
Easy. Healthy.

Finishing up with an egg bake.
I am good with things I can make ahead (this is made the night before)...
I just have to stumble out of bed and put it in the oven.
One trick is to set the oven on timebake so it is preheated when I have to put it in the oven....

Two little boys in their jammies.
So sweet.

1 comment:

Kari, RN said...

Oh yummy! I love your creativity with the "hotel style" breakfast! The Berge Bed and Breakfast just keeps getting better and better!