Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The view outside...

We are so fortunate to have a nice view of nature right outside our windows.
As you likely have noticed, I love the birds and photographing them. We have a perfect set-up for bird watching so that really makes it enjoyable.
Tonight we noticed, just at dusk, a lone deer making his way up our enbankment right outside our family room.
He posed for a quick picture and then went on...
.
He came around to the front of the house and paused at the road, as if to look both ways before crossing...

Then today a flock of cedar waxwings landed in the trees.
They are really a beautiful bird with the little yellow on the end of their tail feathers.
You can tell cedar waxwings are around when you see the "flitting" around of a flock of birds. It is most always them. They rarely are found alone. And they seem to prefer trees or bushes with some sort of berry.



Here are two of them. I had a hard time getting a decent picture of the group. The camera couldn't decide what the focus point was - branches or birds...



Here's a good picture of the red-bellied woodpecker.
He hangs around all year.


And I noticed this little winter goldfinch is actually showing more yellow -
I guess spring is around the corner??


Enjoying lunch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Photos! l, m

Lindsay Gietzen said...

Looks serene! We have two streets to look at and hear quite a few ambulances as they rush past our house to the nearby hospital! I'd choose the birds and the deer if I could! :)

rdljnrisbrudt.blogspot.com said...

Candis....what kind of camera and zoom do you have? You pictures are great!

Mary Vojtko said...

Candis,
These pictures are amazing. It makes me want to leave sunny Arizona just to sit and look at the quiet beauty that God sprinkled outside your window.