Thursday, August 06, 2009

A few more pictures from Family camp weekend

Pictured above is the main building of our Bible camp. This building is called Lakeview Lodge and houses the dining hall, gift shop, main auditorium room for meetings, a lounge and about 10 sleeping rooms. There are a number of lovely buildings all spread around the campus; a gym, an arts and crafts building, more dormitory/sleeping facilities, etc. Also, a climbing wall and other cool things; plus the lake and water activities. It was a cool weekend so the swimming was only for the hardy. And there were some of those.

Here is a view from the second floor balcony of Lakeview towards the lake. Of course, the playground was a big draw for our young grandchildren.

Here we are standing in two lines awaiting the delicious meals that were prepared for us.
And they were delicious, too!


Tobias seems to think so.


Hannah looked the part of a little Diva in these sunglasses.
She is a real little girly girl. I love that!


And this fella is ALL BOY!
Don't let that long hair fool ya!


Here comes Tobias, showing off his walking skills -
he is so close to letting go but so used to holding on...

And some really were hardy with water sports.
Daniel spent around 2 hours out in the cool water trying to learn the fine art
of this sailboard.
It was pretty hard and I was tired (and cold) just watching him!
What a guy.
What determination.
I remember that he showed that determination as a little boy and
though it was not always so welcomed,
I knew that it was a good characteristic to have in the long run.
I think I was right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Great pics! Wonderful time was had by all! J.

Kristin said...

Hey, you're really good at this. The next time we're writing a brochure or punching up the copy on the website, maybe you could take over! :-)
These are great pictures, and it was a blessing to have your whole family there and to serve you guys.
Hope to see you next year!