Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A great day for a parade

Here is the band in Washington, D.C. waiting for their opportunity to march.

Today the Fergus Falls Marching Band will march down Pennsylvania Avenue and play and sing "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy" for our newly installed President!

What an honor. Hopefully we'll catch a glimpse of them on television. It is anticipated that they will be marching past the President (and on tv, we hope) about 4 p.m. central time.

(I just heard the parade is 1 1/2 hours behind, so perhaps the FF band won't be on until after 5 p.m.....)

I'll be watching.









3 comments:

Kari, RN said...

I'm so glad you had mentioned that they were going to be on. I got to see them on C-SPAN! That's so exciting! Too bad the President was talking to someone else when they walked by, but they sure sounded great! What a huge honor for Fergus Falls!

Candis Berge said...

I was practically yelling at the tv for the President to TURN AROUND AND LOOK at our band! He didn't look at them ONCE! Some guy came in right before and started to talk to the President.
Very frustrating! BUT, the band looked great, they represented us well and everyone else got to see them! yeah, Fergus!

rdljnrisbrudt.blogspot.com said...

That was so much fun to see your pictures of the band. It was really fun to see our hometown local band playing in the parade. We know those students!

GO OTTERS!