And Brooklyn & Preston helped mommy blow out her candles. (That's Meghan's brother Patrick holding Preston.)
I couldn't resist showing a picture of the checkerboard cake that I made. It was such fun to take out that first piece and have it both chocolate and vanilla! I told Brooklyn & Julia that I just couldn't remember what kind of cake I baked - was it chocolate or was it vanilla?? They were guessing, but they didn't guess checkerboard! I have a checkerboard cake pan set; it is sort of a messy thing to make; and I have to admit, though I was pleased with how the cake looked, the cake itself (from scratch, mind you!) was way too dry. Bummer. But the icing was delicious! yum ! And a good scoop of vanilla ice cream offset the dry cake... hopefully... At any rate, Happy Birthday, Meghan!
3 comments:
Impressive cake! You mustn't have had little helpers running around to get that thing made. :) It looks great.
The cake was a fair amount of work and it was so dry! A box mix would have tasted tons better! But it sure looked wonderful so that must count for something, right? It's all in the presentation... not.
Happy Birthday, Meghan!
Candis, that cake looks great! It's definitely all in the presentation :) You can tell how much love went into making it!
Post a Comment