Saturday, August 11, 2007

What's hiding in the garden?

Here's some of our garden produce - but upon further investigation, what else is in grandma's garden? Brooklyn and I went out to check and we found....

Look carefully..... a watermelon is growing!!


And some cantaloupe is ripening....

What's orange under those big leaves, grandma? A pumpkin for halloween!


More zucchini... anyone need zucchini??


And grandpa!! Look, there are carrots in your garden!!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Quite the harvest you are getting. I wish I had a gardening thumb!

Anonymous said...

Very impressive, indeed! l, m

Anonymous said...

PS: Hi JoAnn - Marlane

Henrik and Carrie said...

You have quite the green thumb!!!

Jim and Marilyn said...

Great looking produce! Looks like Grandma is doing a great "garden teaching" job also. Looks so delicious...

Anonymous said...

You seem to have a better looking garden then you had on the farm (Hagen)! You also look like you are enjoying your grandchildren.
Your friend Carol

Sharon said...

I was wondering if you could email me your recipe for chokecherry syrup. My brother Larry and Jim went out and picked chokecherries at our Family Reunion this past weekend in Saskatchewan and we need to do them. And yes we were down in Fergus for 5 days and then we all drove up to the Hitchcock's Hideaway across the lake from Elbow for our reunion. Had a blast! I will be posting soon.

Anonymous said...

You WIN - super grandma!!! Very creative - you certainly make the rest of us look like "couch potatoes". Hi Marlane - when are you coming to MN for a visit? JoAnn