Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Girl Scene

This family was full of little boys for quite some time - John, Adam, Daniel and then Ben, Justin and Kyle.... but now the tables have turned and we have girls, girls, girls. Here is a picture that taken at my mom's in New Jersey - seated on the couch from left to right would be me, my mom, my Aunt Bea and my sister-in-law Debbie. In front, left to right is Jacqueline, Alison and Stephanie. Jackie and Stephanie are twins and the daughters of my youngest brother, Jeffrey. Alison is the daughter of Debbie and my middle brother Cordell. (Cordell is my brother who died in 2004.)



My mother's grand daughters range in age from 42 to 7! Here are the three youngest gals - twins Jacqueline and Stephanie are almost 8 and Alison (on the right) is 10. (We were missing my mom's great-grand daughter, Courtney, who is 6 and mom's adult grand daughters, Jill, Robyn and Stacey.)



Here is my handsome baby brother and my little mom!
On Palm Sunday I had the pleasure of seeing and hearing Jacqueline and Stephanie sing with their children's choir in church. They, along with the adult choir, sang in swahili Fortunately they added some english as well! I restrained myself and did not bring my camera to church though I really wished I could have taken a picture of them in their little choir robes. They were adorable! (Jacqueline is in the pink flowered dress and Stephanie is in the blue dress.)

2 comments:

Sara said...

Great Pics. It is nice to see some of the family!

Grandma said...

Hi Candis,
I bet you are surprised to see a post from me! I am over at Nuala's and got to see your wonderful blog and all the photos. Had fun babysitting and everything is the same in New Jersey. Lee is going to be operated on June 21st. The birthday party was nice. The kids made their own cake -- an 8x8 blueberry cake -- and you know how much I hate blueberries. But I'll get you the recipe. If you have any pictures of Andrea's children, please send them. I am going to look at the rest of your blog now and will speak to you soon -- hope you liked the surpise. I'll send photo of Nuala's children.
Love,
Mom