
Happy Thanksgiving to you. Today we are enjoying a quiet day as our sons and their families are with their other families. (We will have everyone for Christmas.) We are going out to eat with Norman and Martha later today.
I am thankful for so many things today; mostly for our sons, our lovely daughter-in-laws and our five precious grandchildren. No less thankful are we for our brothers and sisters and their families as well. I am thankful that I still have my mother and my Aunt Bea as well. May God bless all of you today!
I have chosen to put a picture of my dear mother-in-law as I so clearly remember her - in that kitchen in Hagen, Saskatchewan with the word of God in front of her. I am so thankful for the Godly heritage that Anna and Tobias exemplified and gave as a gift to their sons, daughters and grandchildren, great grandchildren and on to future generations. Today is the birthdate of Anna - she was born on this date in 1899, the youngest of five children of Bernt and Ingeborg Nodeland. For those of you that remember her, I know you will enjoy this picture today. God's blessings to you all!
4 comments:
That picture brought tears to my eyes as that is how I exactly remember her. She was such a wonderful woman with a quiet, gentle spirit about her, who lived her faith in God! She also had a marvelous sense of humor who could tell such great stories from the past and laugh....how she could laugh!!!! My mom used to tell me how whenever they would meet, Anna and her would look at each other for a few seconds and then one of them would say with a twinkle in her eye (with the Norwegian, Hagen accent, of course), "Ohh, is THAT YOU?" and the other would reply, "Ooh, is that YOU?" and then they would laugh together!! How I admire and look up to these dear ones.
I got the story a little wrong. When the one would say,"Ohh, is that you?", the other one would reply, "No, it is me!! Is that you?" Ardy set me straight on that story.
Great post.
This is exactly how I rememember her as well. I was very young but every Sunday Anna would say hello and hold onto my arm, so you knew she was REALLY talking to you! What a sweet lady!
Post a Comment