Thursday, January 06, 2011

Library grandma

I love books and we encouraged reading when our sons were growing up. We read many books aloud and listened to many wonderful stories as well, mostly while making the long drive to New Jersey... we have the fondest of memories of listening to all the Chronicles of Narnia ... many times, in fact. I have kept most of the books, both picture books and read-by-yourself books.
.
All of our grandchildren love books, which makes us pleased.
.
The grandchildren that live in our town have taken to "borrowing" books from grandma's library and bringing them back for another book. Our eldest grand-daughter is an independent reader now and she has been borrowing books for her reading pleasure. (and oh, does grandma think that's so wonderful!) Although I have a nice supply of books, I continue to purchase some to increase the selection. Lately I purchased the first Nancy Drew book and that was a big hit! Every time our little reader returned the book, I was sure to have the next one available. She loved that.
.
This Christmas I got a great gift for library grandma!
My own personal library check-out system!
(thank you, Meghan)
Isn't this the sweetest thing? My own personal stamp, stamp pad, library check-out cards and the holder that glues to the back cover of the book!
I love it!
.

I just couldn't wait to have someone come needing book #4...

Yeah! My first officially checked-out book!


Our library proves comfortable reading furniture as well....
.
another perfectly lovely ordinary day...
.
(Book suggestions welcomed. Do you have a favorite book or series from your childhood?)

3 comments:

  1. I loved the Mandy stories (which are in the same line of Nancy Drew)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are two books that I recently got my kids that I love - God's Wisdom for Little Girls, and God's Wisdom for Little Boys by Elizabeth George. The pictures are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Caristy...the Mandy books were my favorite as well! I also really like the Little House on the Prairie books, Little Women, Anne of Green Gables...

    ReplyDelete